- ½ Tablespoon Curd
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 400 Grams Chicken
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 15 Almonds
- 7 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Teaspoon whole spices (Khada Masala)
- Marinate chicken pieces with yogurt, red chili powder and salt for 90 minutes.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add sliced onions and fry them evenly until golden brown.
- Transfer the caramelized onion into a grinder.
- Add cashew nuts, soaked almonds(preferably 2 hours), garlic cloves, and cumin seeds.
- Make a smooth paste of these. Set this aside.
- Heat ghee in the same pan and saute whole spices (bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, and cardamom).
- Add chicken pieces and fry evenly on all sides.
- Then add the onion and curd paste.
- Mix well and cook on a low flame until chicken is cooked to tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.
Make sure you fry the onions until it is caramelized as the aroma of the chicken korma is partially based on how well the onions are caramelized.
Video by Apurva kate