- 500 Grams Chicken
- 3 Medium Size Potatoes
- 3 Tomatoes
- 3 Medium Size Onions
- 1 Ginger
- 4 Garlic Pods
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3 Tablespoon oil.
- Coarsely mash ginger, garlic, and green chillies in a mortar with pestle and keep aside.
- In the same mortar coarsely mash onions and keep aside.
- Light fire in a sigri and add half tablespoon of sugar, ginger garlic and green chilli paste.
- Add onion paste and fry until golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add medium size potatoes and mix well.
- Cook for 30 minutes and serve with roti or rice!
Making chicken sigri masala needs ample amount of time, patience and slow-cooking. This is done to ensure full flavours are extracted from the spices. So let the chicken sigri masala take its own time!
Video By Anurag