Egg Shakshuka is a simple one-skillet dish made by poaching eggs in a tasty mixture of simmering tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and garlic. It is a great option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This recipe makes a statement. Want to learn how to make it?
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 5 Tomatoes
- 2 Onions
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender and turning translucent, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- To make the shakshuka sauce, add fresh diced tomatoes. Simmer them with salt for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet with onion and bell pepper mix and let the mixture come to a simmer.
- Now, using the back of a wooden spoon make three indentations of shakshuka sauce. Crack the eggs and add them to each indentation.
- Cover the skillet and allow the eggs to cook until the eggs are runny.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or coriander leaves and serve.
Make sure you choose your tomatoes wisely as the Tomato paste in Shakshuka offers deep and intense flavor.
Video By Lois