You should stock fruits, vegetables, eggs, milk, powdered milk, cereals, legumes, healthy snacks, beverages like tea, coffee, canned juices, dry fruits, and instant oatmeals. Storing protein-based vegetables, eggs, and chicken will provide essential nutrients and energy you need to get going. Having a protein-based diet and fewer carbs will keep you feeling full throughout the day.
Protein from chicken:
- 100 g Boneless skinless roasted chicken breast – 31 grams
- 100 g Chicken thigh (meat and skin), roasted – 23 grams protein per serving
- 100 g Chicken drumstick (meat and skin), roasted – 23 grams protein per serving
- 100 g Chicken wing (meat and skin), roasted – 24 grams protein per serving
Why is protein important in diet?
- Protein is necessary for the proper growth and development of a human body, especially during childhood, adolescence, and pregnancy.
- Protein helps in repairing and building body cells and tissues.
- Protein is found in almost all body fluids. Skin, hair, nails, muscles, bones, and internal organs.
- Protein is important for many body processes, such as blood clotting, fluid balance, immune response, vision, and production of hormones and enzymes.