Protein is an essential macronutrient (nutrients required by our body in large quantities) that should be included in our daily diet to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
Spread out your protein intake throughout the day to enjoy its full benefits. And make sure that almost 30% of the calories consumed by you are in the form of proteins.
Here are some functions protein helps your body perform:
- Helps build your body: Amino acids in protein help build muscles, bones, skin, and even hair and nails are mostly composed of proteins.
- Repair damaged tissues and maintain muscles and bones.
- Helps in making enzymes: Protein helps in building enzymes essential to break down and digest your food and makes the nutrients in your diet available to your body for use.
- Regulates your hormones, helps support your child’s development and aids your immune system by making white blood cells and recovering faster from injuries.
- Helps you maintain your weight: Proteins curb hunger and help you build lean muscles. It improves your metabolism rate, which can help you stay in shape.
The bottom line is: Protein plays a crucial role in creating and maintaining cell health and fuels your body.
Our body needs a regular intake of protein as it doesn’t get stored in the body and should be a part of your daily balanced diet plan.