Chicken is one of the healthiest white meat, which can be included in a balanced eating plan. Chicken meat is relatively inexpensive and quick to prepare. It is versatile enough to be cooked in a variety of different ways like making chicken soup, diced up salad. Here are some benefits of consuming chicken:
- High-Quality Lean protein source: 100g serving of chicken has almost 31grams of protein. Protein helps in supporting healthy body weight and aiding weight loss. Contributes to muscle development and growth.
- Cardiovascular health: Chicken meat helps in preventing heart attacks by controlling the body’s homocysteine levels. Niacin in chicken helps lower cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease development. The omega-3 fatty acids have beneficial cardiovascular effects.
- Mineral powerhouse: Contains Iron, which helps red blood cells deliver oxygen to cells, Selenium helps improve metabolism, regulate thyroid, produce hormones, and strengthen the immune system. The calcium and Phosphorous present in chicken meat contribute to good teeth and bone health, cutting the risks of arthritis. They also help in regulating functions of kidneys, liver and central nervous system.
- Helps in Regulating moods: Typrtophane, Vitamin B5 helps increase the serotonin levels in the brain, resulting in enhanced mood, less stress and deeper sleep cycles. Magnesium helps in relieving PMS mood swings. Low sodium makes it the right choice for people suffering from hypertension.
- Improves metabolism and Immunity: Chicken contributes to overall health because of its being full of proteins, vitamins, minerals and low saturated fat. Vitamin B6 helps in keeping the blood vessels healthy, energy levels high, proteins help with appetite control and feeling of satiety preventing overeating. Niacin helps in guarding cells against cancer and DNA damage. The retinol helps in promoting eye health and riboflavin helps reduce skin problems. Chicken in soup form helps recover faster from most infections and cold.