Chicken is a staple in the fitness community because of its versatility and nutritional content. Chicken breast has protein to fat ratio of 19:1 the highest that any other part of the chicken. Chicken breast is an excellent source of Quality lean protein that can be easily synthesized by the body to repair muscle tissues and damaged cells during hard training routines.
Chicken Breast is considered a superfood because of the following reasons:
- High protein content: 100 grams of chicken breast has 32 grams of protein, an important macronutrient and essential building block of muscle, skin, and other organs
- Contains Good Fats: It is an excellent source of niacin, magnesium,omega-3 fats, which helps regulate cholesterol and regulate metabolism.
- Strengthens Immune system: Zinc and Vitamin B12 helps in regulating immune function by warding off cold bugs and supporting the production of anabolic hormones.
- Loaded with minerals: Contains phosphorous, Vitamins, Iron, Selenium and other trace minerals. Vitamin B6 helps in using glycogen stored in muscles during exercise, and iron helps supply oxygen for faster recovery. Selenium aids in proper thyroid function, which keeps the metabolism in check. It also helps in repairing damaged cells and inhibits the growth of cancerous cells.
- A perfect addition to a bodybuilding diet plan: Chicken breast is low in sodium, carbohydrate, and trans-fat-free food source. It is an excellent source of magnesium, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, Thiamine and phosphorous which support muscle synthesis
- Helps in weight loss: Eating protein-rich chicken breast results in satiety, leading to fewer calories throughout the day, resulting in loss of body fat.
- Versatile food option: Chicken breast can be added to any meal and prepared in a variety of ways like baking, broiling, roasting with spices to give off nice flavor
- Helps in favorable body composition: Dietary protein intake helps in decreasing abdominal and total body fat by increasing lean body mass and increasing the body’s energy expenditure supporting in weight maintenance.