Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world and is consumed by millions of people around the globe. It’s the most widely consumed source of lean meat in India thanks to its affordability and its high protein content. But did you know chicken also has numerous other benefits for those wanting to live a healthy life?
- Great for Heart : Homocysteine is a naturally produced amino acid in our body, high levels can cause heart diseases. The most important nutrients that help suppress homocysteine levels are folate, the vitamins B12, B6 and B2, zinc and trimethylglycine. Lean chicken is packed with protein and nutrients, especially B-vitamins, folate and zinc. Consuming chicken breasts helps in regulating homocysteine levels and maintaining the health of your heart.
- Helps gain muscles : Chicken is packed with high quality protein and is low in fat. It is the most delicious and affordable means of getting your daily requirement of protein. 100 grams of chicken breast will give you 31 g of protein, perfect for people who want to build muscles.
- Glowing Skin and High Energy levels: Chicken liver has Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) which promotes the growth and overall health of tissues and makes your skin glow. Riboflavin also helps the body to break down carbs, fats and protein to maintain the body’s energy supply.
- Boosts Metabolism : Selenium is an amino acid that helps in improving immune response and it is essential for metabolic performance. It also helps reduce oxidative stress. Chicken has 25mcg selenium in 85grams of chicken. You can get your daily dose of selenium from 100g of chicken.
- Relieves Stress : There are two main supplements that help in reducing stress – tryptophan and vitamin B5. Chicken is packed with these nutrients and is great for stress relief.