Why should you bother to broth it out/What are the benefits of bone broth?
Bones are the most neglected part of the meat. We usually just toss it away without thinking twice. But is there a way to make use of the insane amount of minerals, nutrients, and collagen present in the bones? Yes- By making bone broth.
What is bone broth? It is a liquid that contains brewed bones and connective tissues of animals. Usually, the bones are simmered with vinegar to release the nutrients and cooked for hours to make a flavourful and nutritious broth.
Drinking broth helps in maintaining your joints and aids your digestive system. It contains essential nutrients and minerals and can be used as a dietary supplement for many people. Other benefits of broth include:
- Good collagen source protects your joints: Cooking collagen turns it into gelatin, which helps provide your body with essential amino acids.
- Nutritionally rich food to fight osteoarthritis: It contains vitamins A & K, minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, etc., and helps maintain the skeletal cartilage system and keep knee joints healthy.
- Reduces inflammation and heals the gut: It helps in digestion and fixes the intestinal barrier helping you digest food better. The anti-inflammatory amino acids help reduce inflammation in your body.
- Aids sleep: Glycine helps sleep better reduce tiredness by calming you down.
- Support weight loss: The high protein content and soupy nature help the body feel full longer while restricting calories, resulting in weight loss.
The chicken broth might be the easiest way to enjoy nutrients in your diet. So, how to make it? Just save the bones, add water, vinegar, boil it in a large pot, and then simmer it for 10-12 hours. You can Season it to add flavor and add veggies to enjoy a hearty meal while helping your body recover and become healthier in the process.